David’s practice emphasizes commercial and agricultural law in his representation of families, businesses and cooperatives in various business transactions and personal matters, including:
- Willamette University College of Law, Salem, Oregon, 1973, J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence.
- Western Oregon University, Monmouth, Oregon, 1970, B.S., Bachelor of Science.
- Member, Oregon State Bar (Business and Corporate Law, Debtor/Creditor Rights, Agricultural Law).
- Member, Marion County Bar Association.
- Board of Directors, Oregon Metallurgical Corporation – 1988-1998.
- Board of Trustees, Willamette University – 1992-1996.
Presentations & Authorships
- Speaker: Oregon Seed Growers League Annual Meeting, “Growers Contractual and Statutory Rights — Responding to ‘Why Own the Farm When You Can Own the Farmer?’”, 2009. (PDF)
- Speaker: Oregon Agricultural Chemicals & Fertilizers Association (OACFA) Annual Meeting, “Pesticides and the Law”, 2009.
- Author: Oregon State Bar legal publication, “Documentation of Real Estate Transactions”, 2007.
- Speaker: Oregon State Bar CLE Program, “Buying and Selling A Closely Held Business”.
- Author: Oregon State Bar CLE Program, “Creation & Foreclosure of Equitable Mortgages”.
David raised his family on a small farm between Silverton and Stayton and participates in many community activities and leadership roles for various community organizations and local businesses.